Friday, January 9, 2009

Reap the Whirlwind




Hi, Guys!

It's been a month since I last posted, 
so I'd best get started before I get toasted.

The Kernal is pleased to report that today's MRI reading at Bethesda, following the PET  and CT scans of December, was reported as "Clean."  This is the result that we, along with many of you, were praying for.  Thank you so much for your prayers!  Once again, they have worked.

This Christmas just passed was certainly a lot different from Christmas 2007 when we had just received the cancer diagnosis.  The Queen and I spent a delightful Christmas week out in Denver with Matt, Mindy, Whitney, Olivia and Tessa.  We returned to Ashburn in the wee hours of 28 December and then celebrated a second gift opening session with the Carlsons and Lees of NOVA.

As I should have no doubt guessed, blogging is its own reward.  Sow the wind and reap the whirlwind...The stylish polar bear pajama bottoms and shorts were Christmas gifts from the family.  The lovely polar bear card, complete with dancing bears when you pull the tab, was from Jean and Joan (and the bears).  The silver polar bear bookmark was an earlier gift  from Apis Melliflora, one of my most loyal readers who lurks around this blog and occasionally comments.  Below is a blowup that I hope you can read...

 

So, write about stuff and it will magically appear.  This new year I think I will spend lots of time writing about the pictures of Dead Presidents on rapidly devaluing US currency...

We here at Polar Bear Central wish all of you and yours a safe, healthy and properous New Year.  Fortunes are made in times like these.  Hooah!

Jean and I wish you all the best from the high ground.  Brother Kirk and friend Denise are coming up the hill!

5 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

I hope no dead presidents appear at your doorstep this year, but that your fortune and good health continue to multiply exponentially.

Awesome news about your clean bill of health! More bills like that please!

Unknown said...

Congradulation on the clean bill of health. I agree that you do not need dead presidents at your doorstep;however, the presidents on the greenback dollars would be accepted. You and Jean enjoy that high ground and keep the becon light burning for Kurt and any one else climbing that hill

Anonymous said...

Great to hear about your clean bill of health. I know it is no fun being in the land between. Is it good or bad news-read the test and come back with an answer--ah if medicine were only an exact science. I get to start the end of Feb my rounds of test which should be all clear.

Love the polar bear gifts. They come from very funny and smart people. Love the book marker.

Glad to be on the high ground awaiting Kurt and others. I have a girlfriend who is working her way towards this gound so come on Chris keep fighting. (She reads your blog)

Now is the best time of year, football is ending;the playoffs starting, and college B-ball starts. Can anything be better then watching both football and college B-ball? GO GO ACC YEAH!

The Dragonfly said...

Happy about the clean bill of health. Also happy about all of the polar bear gifts you received this year. Red Dog wears his polar bear jammies at least three times a week and proudly proclaims, "Papa LOVES polar bears!" Hee hee.

Tobi said...

I love all Polar Bear gear. But I'm even happier about the clean bill of health!!